- Download RhinoGrow Alpha 0.2.3
- Copy RhinoGrow_Release.py to C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib
- Drag and drop RhinoGrowTB.rui into Rhino 5 or install via toolbar options
- Click the toolbar button
- Select the geometry to grow over
- Select points to spawn from
- Set parameters (see docs)
- Finish Script (hit Escor click no when asked to continue)
- Edit a leaf block (blockedit) and apply a material (and transparency map). If desired, you can also change the shape of the leaf (give it a bend etc)
- Complex geometry can take a while to compute. Might be best to do it bit at a time if this is the case, or build a simple mesh (ie. decking board –> flat plane) for faster calcs.
- It will run faster in Wireframe viewport.
- You can just set iterations to many and hit escape when you think you’re done (note that this will leave a mesh hidden on the RG layer)
- You can still scroll around while it’s calculating.
- If you’ve left it for a while, give it a minute to clean everything up at the end.
- The alpha/image maps aren’t yet supplied; will be in future releases.
- Iterations: Number of runs per update
- Scale: Global scaling; affects most parametrs
- Momentum: Tendency to move in current direction
- Randomness: General unexpectency of direction change
- Sun Power: Attraction towards the sun
- Branch Frequency: Frequency of branching (Lower: more frequent)
- Leaf Frequency: Percentage chance of a leaf occuring (0: Never, 1:Always)
- Leaf Dimension: Dimension of leaves in whatever the current unit is
- Distance from Surface: How closely the stems track the surface (0: Very close)